Server 2012 Foundation Download
Small businesses can rely heavily on Windows Server 2012 Foundation when it comes to storage, file access, data security, and other needs. This version is a full-packed 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 that is specifically designed to assist them. It supports single socket servers and is pre-installed in the server hardware that no additional purchase is necessary.
Windows Server 2012 Foundation lets you manage settings on your computer that functions on any Windows operating system. It allows you to use the most preferred business applications. It performs chief IT tasks, which include file and print sharing, remote access, and data security. Windows Server 2012 Foundation is easy to use because it shares the same Windows user experience. It is operated by a wide network of certified experts.
Basically, Windows Server 2012 Foundation boasts of the same features of the other Windows Server 2012 versions. However, some limitations set it apart from the rest, which include the following:
- It supports single CPU socket but can accept limitless number of CPU cores.
- It accepts up to 15 users, per its license terms.
- It requires 32GB of maximum RAM.
- CALs or Client Access Licenses are not a requirement.
- It authorizes 30 Server Message Block (SMB) connections.
- It only allows up to 50 Remote Desktop Services (RDS) connections.
- It agrees to up to 10 Internet Authentication Service (IAS) connections.
- It distributes a maximum of 50 Routing and Remote Access (RRAS) connections.
- It administers root domain that bears no trusts at the source of the forest. Temporary migrations allow this; but if constant, expect the system to restart.
Windows Server 2012 Pre-Installation System Requirements (Minimum):
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit Processor
- 32 GB of Disk Space
- DVD Drive
- 512 MB of RAM
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution screen
- Mouse (Microsoft or other pointing device)
- Internet connection