Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
To optimize the operations and productivity of a company, using Windows Server 2012 Datacenter is necessary. Investing in virtualization in this server solution is worthy. However, licenses for the server and client access are important. Each device or user must carry Client Access Licenses or CALs to get into the server. Server license works for the server installation.
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter is almost the same as Windows Server 2012 Standard. The only difference is that this edition of Windows Server 2012 requires license for use in the guest operation system within the virtual machines.
Datacenter also allows limitless quantity of virtual instances using Windows Server 2012 in virtual machines. Likewise, each Windows Server 2012 Datacenter comprises of two processors and these need a license. So in case you have more than two processors or CPU, you will need to secure another license.
Other important features are:
- Improve storage solutions using industry-standard hardware
- Divide physical servers into two or more clusters and use automatic failover to make them available even during downtime
- Build backup to make client and server data protected
- Contain Remote Desktop Services, as well as Active Directory Rights Management but these necessitate added CALs to use
- Allow mobile staff to sync and access work data to the corporate server with utmost security
- Permit any number of users provided that each has the required CAL
- Utilized a centralized dashboard to view and perform tasks in various servers using the Server Manager
Windows Server 2012 Pre-Installation System Requirements (Minimum):
- 512 MB RAM
- DVD Drive
- Internet connection
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit Processor
- 32 GB Disk Space
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor
- Microsoft mouse or other pointing device