Microsoft Excel 2016 is the new spreadsheet included in Microsoft Office 2016, a new productivity software suite released by Microsoft.
It features new tools like power query integration, read-only mode for Excel, keyboard access for pivot tables and slicers in Excel, new chart types, quick data linking in Visio, Excel forecasting functions, support for multi-selection of slicer items using touch, time grouping and pivot chart drill down as well as Excel data cards.
The following tips will guide you on
how to import web data into MS Excel 2016:
1. Copy the link of the web browser containing the data you want to import.
2. Open the MS Excel and click the Data tab.
3. Click the New Query button and select From other Source.
4. Click From Web.
5. Paste the source link on the “Access Web content” window.
6. Click the OK button and choose how you want to access the data.
7. Click connect.
8. The “Navigator” window will appear right after. It will load the data from the web page.
9. Click the table you wish to import.
10. Click Edit. MS Excel will automatically fetch the data.
11. Click the Close & Load button if you are satisfied with the data.
After importing the data obtained from the web, MS Excel will automatically save the source link into the file. You can right-click the table and click Refresh. If the data on the web has changed, the table on Excel will be updating as well.
Start using MS Excel 2016 when you download Microsoft Office 2016 at www.softwaremart.ca!
image credit: labnol.org